Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Photographic Essay...

I had a few versions of the same image, just trying to play around with text, and even deciding whether I should have text.

This following one was an example of not having any captions, however it doesn't explain itself, my intentions and the concept of this photographic essay, so I decided to place some opaque text onto the image.

This was the product of my opaque text, however despite the image now having an explanation, I thought that the extra caption made the image too busy. So I had my next idea.

I changed the font around this time, and placed the image inside a border. The outcome was generally more desirable, but I thought the font didn't suit the image as a whole. And eventually, I changed the font back for my final product.As a whole, I'm quite pleased with how the images of all eight eyes turned out - kind of revealing, but yet hidden behind the vignetted edges. The edges almost gives the image as a whole a secretive view, and the eye is the centre of it where little bits of personality is revealed. The other thing I felt about the images were that some of the kind of gave me a predatory feel, which was quite interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment